- Makes 12
- 25 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 8 Ingredients
Do you know the muffin man who lives in Drury lane?
Preparation 15 minutes
Cooking 25 minutes
Ingredients (makes 12 )
- 2 cups self-raising flour, sifted
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk
- 125g butter, chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Nestle Caramel Top 'n' Fill
- Preheat oven to moderate, 180C. Line a 12-hole muffin pan with paper patty cases. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar and chocolate chips, stirring well.
- Heat milk and butter together in a small saucepan on medium until butter has melted. Allow to cool. Add egg and vanilla, whisking to combine. Make a well in the centre of the flour mixture and pour in the milk mixture. Stir until just combined.
- Lightly fold through the caramel. Divide mixture between patty cases. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean and dry. Cool in pan for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Tip - Caramel Top 'n' Fill is available from supermarkets. Store muffins in airtight containers for up to 5 days. Freeze for up to 2 months. Wrap individually in plastic wrap or place in an airtight container. I just used caramel topping as I couldn't find any caramel top 'n' fill and use 1/4 cup instead of 1/2 cup. Also I am not really fond of dark stuff so I used brown sugar instead of dark brown sugar and milk chocolate chips instead of dark chocolate chips.