This recipe is egg-free and super easy. Can be made within 20 minutes if you have all the ingredients handy. This is my go to recipe whenever I have sudden plans and have guests at home or cravings for some extra sugar. I usually use silicon cupcake moulds or ramekins.
Ingredients (serves 6 | makes 12 Caramel Custard pudding)
- 300 ml Heavy Cream
- 200 ml Full fat milk
- 100 gms Sugar
- 1.5 tbsp Vanilla extract
- 16 gms Vegan Gelatin
- 5 tbsp Sugar for Caramel
- For Custard Pudding: In a saucepan add cream, milk, sugar and vanilla extract. Stir and mix well.
- in a small bowl add some cold water and vegan gelatin. Mix well, make sure there are no lumps
- place the saucepan on the cooktop on a low to medium flame.
- add the gelatin mixture and keep stirring it.
- When the mixture come to a boil switch off the flame. Let it cool down a bit.
- For Caramel: Add sugar in a pan and caramelize it.
- Assembling Caramel Custard: Add a spoonfull of caramel syrup in a silicon cupcake moulds and spread well.
- Now add the custard mixture on top of it. Let it cool down before placing in the refrigerator.
- refrigerator it for minimum 2 hours and Enjoiii!!