- Serves 16
- 65 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 9 Ingredients
Do you want a Caramel Slice Recipe that you can remember off by heart and then make over and over and over?
Well this is it!
This Caramel Slice Recipe brings back memories of visits to Grandma, school fetes, bake sales at the local shops and learning to cook as youngsters at high school. And to make it even better, this Caramel Slice Recipe goes HEAVY on the caramel. Yummy, scrummy, gooey caramel – cooked to perfection so that it’s firm but not sugary.
Who knew a Caramel Slice Recipe could deliver such silky caramel while keeping a crunchy base and perfectly tempered chocolate on top!
We think we can all agree that there is nothing better than having a Caramel Slice Recipe that everyone loves.
Even better when it’s a Caramel Slice Recipe that has nice simple ingredients and is fairly easy to make.
We love this Caramel Slice Recipe shared with us by Nestle. We think we could have a little slice of their Caramel Slice heaven every single day for the rest of our life.
This recipe celebrates everything wonderful about Nestle and their passion for creating quality baking ingredients.
Our tummies are rumbling and we’re now looking in the pantry for all the ingredients. Which, we might add, are nice and simple so there’s every chance you’ve got exactly what you need to make this Caramel Slice Recipe … right now!
A couple of tips from the MoM CookClub Team when making this Caramel Slice Recipe …
This Caramel Slice Recipe calls for NESTLÉ Sweetened Condensed Milk. If you’re short on time, you could switch out for Nestle Top n Fill Caramel – you’ll just need to cook the base of the Caramel Slice.
Nestlé Top ‘n Fill Caramel is the perfect ingredient for all your caramel desserts. It is a ready made caramel so there is no cooking or baking necessary (but for this Caramel Slice Recipe you will need to cook the base), just spoon the caramel straight from the can into tart shells, or spread over a slice base. Top n Fill Caramel is an easy to use caramel that makes baking even easier and more convenient.
We love to use dark chocolate when making a Caramel Slice Recipe – it cuts the sweetness and makes for a more enjoyable flavour all round. You should always choose a quality cooking chocolate even when melting as inferior quality chocolate can taste waxy or discolour when melted and reset. This recipe uses NESTLÉ BAKERS’ CHOICES Dark CHUNKS. In case you’re interested these rate 4.6 out of 5 stars in MoM Rate It – the place where MoM Members share their ratings of products so that you can check in before you shop.
So there you have it! The perfect Caramel Slice Recipe. Quick, phone a friend and tell them to pop round. Don’t forget to double batch though because they’ll be asking to take a few slices home for tomorrow!
Ingredients (serves 16)
- 1 cup (150g) plain flour
- ½ cup (110g) brown sugar
- ½ cup (40g) desiccated coconut
- 125g butter, melted
- 100g extra butter
- 2 x 395g cans NESTLÉ Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/3 cup (80mL) golden syrup
- 1pkt (180g) NESTLÉ BAKERS’ CHOICES Dark CHUNKS, melted
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Preheat oven 180&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;deg;C/160&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;deg;C fan forced. Lightly grease a 28cm x 18cm lamington pan; line base and sides with baking paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar and coconut. Add butter, mix well. Press mixture firmly into prepared pan. Bake for 15-20 minutes until lightly browned. Cool.
- Combine extra butter, NESTL&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;Eacute; Sweetened Condensed Milk and golden syrup in a medium saucepan. Stir over low heat until smooth. Pour over base. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until caramel is golden brown. Cool.
- Combine melted NESTL&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;Eacute; BAKERS&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;rsquo; CHOICES Dark CHUNKS and oil, stir until smooth, pour evenly over caramel. Refrigerate to set. Cut into squares to serve
If you're a Caramel fan, we have plenty of other Caramel recipes for you to enjoy! Apple Crumble with Caramel - this recipe actually uses Nestle Top n Fill Caramel too - super easy and so delicious! Caramel Hedgehog Slice - one of our favourites from one of our favourite MoM CookClub contributors Kel. Caramel Mudcake with Caramel Icing and Glaze - get your Sweet Teeth out for this one - delicious but definitely a sometimes food! Raw Caramel Slice - no real caramel here but a wonderfully healthy option for a sweet treat.