- Serves 3
- 6.25 hours
- Difficulty Easy
- 9 Ingredients
Love yourself some pork belly? Who doesn’t!
This new favorite in my household is a must try. I will admit, it isn’t too healthy but you will enjoy every mouthful. Treat yourself!
Ingredients (serves 3)
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp coarsely cracked pepper
- 800g boneless pork belly, rind removed, chopped coarsely
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- 2 tbsp dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup or 80 ml water
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- Combine the large onion, garlic, sauce, pepper and pork into a large bowl.
- Add oil into the inner pot of your slow cooker and press SAUTE/SEAR HIGH TEMP and set cooking time for 10 minutes. Cook pork until brown. (If your cooker does not have this function you can sear the ingredients on the stove).
- Add sugar; cook, stirring, until sugar caramelises. Add the water.
- Seal lid, cook on SLOW COOK LOW TEMP for 6 hours or in the pressure cooker on MEAT/POULTRY setting for 15 mins. Press start.
- Sprinkle with spring onion and serve with your choice of sides. Enjoy!
The leftover juices I froze and used to make a gravy for another dish. Yumm!