A traditional family recipe, good comfort food and always makes me think of mum’s cooking when I make this.
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 1 kg pork belly, rind removed, cut into big pieces
- 3 cloves garlic - crushed or bruised
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp cracked pepper
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 6-8 eggs, hard boiled
- Combine the shallots, garlic, fish sauce, pepper and pork in a large bowl, allow to marinate for at least an hour.
- Add oil into the inner pot of the Philips All-In-One Cooker, press SAUTE/SEAR HIGH TEMP button and set cooking time for 10 minutes, press start. (Do not close lid). Add the marinated pork and juices and cook til browned.
- Add sugar, and stir until sugar caramelises and takes on some colour. Add the soy sauce and the water.
- Seal lid, cook on SLOW COOK LOW TEMP for 6 hours, press start.
- Around the 4 hour mark, remove lid and skim off any excess fat from the top. Then add your boiled eggs, give it a quick stir so eggs are coated in sauce, and close lid.
- Serve pork and eggs with rice for a hearty and filling meal.