- Makes 1
- 45 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 10 Ingredients
This was always my favourite cake as a kid.
Ingredients (makes 1 Cake)
- 1 Table Spoon White Vinegar
- 1 Table Spoon Bi Card Soda
- 1 Cup Evaporated Milk
- 1 Cup Castor Sugar
- 1 Cup Plain Flour
- 2/3 Cup Butter
- 1 Cup Cocoa
- 1 pinch Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tea Spoon Vanilla Essence
- Set oven to 180 and line a cake tin with baking paper.
- Add vinegar to carnation milk to sour it.
- Sift flour, salt, cocoa, bi-carb soda, and sugar in mixing bowl.
- Pour in the melted butter and 1 cup of carnation milk. Beat well for two minutes. Add all remaining ingredients and beat a further 2 minutes.
- Pour into prepared cake tin and bake approximately 35 minutes.
- Allow cake to cool slightly before removing from tin. For a filled caked, bake two cakes and fill with cream and cover with your favourite frosting.
Recipe Carnation Devils Food Cake
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.