- Makes 12
- 40 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 10 Ingredients
Delicious carrot and parsnip muffins; eat with low fat cheese or your favourite cheese.
Ingredients (makes 12 )
- 1 cup wholemeal self raising flour
- 3/4 cup white self raising flour
- 1/4 tsp curry powder
- 1 large carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 parsnip, peeled and grated
- 2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 Tbsp parsley, chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 cup low fat milk
- Pre-heat oven to 190 degrees. Sift flours into a large bowl; add curry and fold in carrot, parsnip, cheese and herbs.
- In a separate bowl mix eggs, oil and milk. Pour into the dry ingredients. Lightly combine, but do not over mix the mixture.
- Spoon into a greased muffin tray and bake for 25 minutes on 190 C.
- Cool on a wire rack.
These muffins are great for lunchboxes. They freeze well and defrost easily. They can be eaten cold or warmed.