This is a fat free, sugar free vegan carrot cake with a pudding- ey texture that is excellent for picnic food or lunch boxes. The lychees provide enough sweetness without adding any sugar.
Ingredients (serves 8)
- 1.5 Cup Wholemeal Self Raising Flour
- 1.5 Cup Carrots, grated
- 3/4 Cup Ripe Lychees, skinned, pitted & lightly crushed.
- 5 Tablesppons Soy Yogurt
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- 1 Tablespoon Cold Water, optional
- Mix the carrots, lychees, cinnamon, vanilla and yogurt together in alarge bowl.
- Preheat oven and prepare an 8 inch cake pan or loaf pan.
- Slowly fold in wholemeal self raising flour and mix until smooth. The batter tends to be on the thicker side. Add a little cold water only if required.
- Pour into prepared pan and tap to settle mixture down. Bake for 55 - 65 minutes depending on the oven.
- Cool before slicing.