- Serves 24
- 45 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 10 Ingredients
Cute little mini carrot muffins perfect for little hands and lunch boxes.
Ingredients (serves 24)
- 150 grams butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- handful sultanas (as many or few as you like)
- 2 large carrots, grated (depends on the size but you need around 2 cups)
- 225 grams cream cheese
- 1/4 cup icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- In a large bowl beat together the butter, sugar and eggs. Add the carrot and sultanas and stir through.
- Sift the flour with the baking powder and cinnamon and fold through the mix.
- Spoon into a greased mini muffin pan and bake for around 30 minutes at 180 degrees.
- Once the muffins are cooled, beat the cream cheese, icing sugar and lemon until smooth and then spread over the muffins.
My grand daughter loves these little muffins and I often leave the cream cheese frosting off.