- Serves 8
- 1 hours
- Difficulty Easy
- 12 Ingredients
This Carrot and Walnut Cake is a delicious cake with less guilt and more natural goodness.
Ingredients (serves 8)
- 2 Cups Wholegrain flour (or plain)
- 4 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Mixed spice
- 2 Cups Grated carrots (2 med/large carrots)
- 1 Cup Chopped walnuts
- 1 Cup Raw honey
- 1 Cup Olive oil (or coconut)
- 3 Eggs, lightly beaten
- 250g Cream cheese, softened
- 1 Rind of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp Raw honey
- Preheat oven to 160*C. Grease and line a cake tin with baking paper or lightly grease a silicone cake mould.
- Sift flour, baking powder, cinnamon and mixed spice together in a large bowl.
- Add carrots, walnuts, honey, oil and eggs and stir with a metal spoon.
- Pour into prepared cake tin. Bake for 40-50mins or until a knife comes out of the centre cleanly. Leave in tin to cool for 15mins then turn out onto wire rack to cool completely.
- Frosting: Beat cream cheese, lemon rind and raw honey together and spread over cooled cake.