- Serves 4
- 25 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 7 Ingredients
Cheesy cauliflower with a bit of a twist.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 cauliflower
- 25 grams butter
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 good squeeze dijon mustard
- 1 cup tasty cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- Steam the cauliflower until cooked. Drain off so that the cauliflower is as dry as possible (otherwise the gratin is watery)
- Arrange the cauliflower in a baking dish.
- In a saucepan melt the butter and stir in the flour. A dough will form and then cook for around 1 minute. Add half a cup of milk and stir well.
- Add the remaining milk and mustard. Stir well until all is incorporated.
- Add 1/2 cup of the tasty cheese and the 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese. Mix until melted. Taste and add salt and pepper.
- Pour the cheese sauce over the cauliflower. Add the remaining cheese on top.
- Bake at 180 degrees for around 10-15 minutes until brown on top.
Add as little or as much mustard as you'd like to the sauce depending on whether you want a hint or a hit.