- Makes 6
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 9 Ingredients
Make it a spooktacular Halloween with these delicious monster burgers. The kids will go all-zombie over them. These burgers are the perfect fuel for a trick or treat around the streets.
Ingredients (makes 6 Charcoal Turkey Burger Monsters)
- 6 Charcoal Brioche Buns
- 6 Ingham's Summer Turkey Burgers (or Rissoles if you have smaller buns)
- 1/4 bunch Rocket or Baby Spinach
- 2 Tomatoes
- 6 Cheese Slices
- 3 tbsp Tomato Sauce
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 2 tbsp Tamari (or Dark Soy Sauce)
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Make a marinade of the honey, tamarind and olive oil and soak the Ingham's Turkey Burgers or Rissoles for a minimum of 15 minutes.
- Slice the Charcoal Buns in half, slice the tomatoes into rounds and create your Cheese 'teeth' but trimming the cheese slice.
- Ideally cook your burgers on the barbecue (because you're aiming for burgers as black as you can - just don't burn them). Alternatively pan fry or you can grill.
- Cover the burgers in foil for 5 minutes after cooking to rest.
- Assemble as per our photo - a small squirt of tomato sauce on the bottom bun, the rocket or spinach, then the burger or rissole, then a slice of tomato, lots of sauce and then the top half of the bun.
- Arrange on a plate and serve with other fun Halloween decorations or treats.