- Serves 4
- 5 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 9 Ingredients
No time to whip up a nice looking desert? Try this cheat recipe that takes a few minutes to make.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1/3 cup self raising flour
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tsp espresso or instant coffee (already dissolved)
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup caster sugar for the coulis
- 1/2 cup frozen mixed berries or fresh berries
- Whisk eggs, caster sugar, cocoa, coffee and butter.
- Add the flour and mix until smooth. If its too runny, add bit of flour. Adjust sweetness and coffee taste.
- Prepare some ramekins or small soup bowls. Brush butter on the sides and sprinkle granulated sugar.
- Fill half of the ramekins with cake mix to leave space to rise.
- CLING WRAP the ramekin but leave a flap open for air to escape.
- Microwave for 40 sec. Tip the cake over a plate and cover with chocolate icing if desired
- FOR THE COULIS: In a saucepan, put the caster sugar over medium heat.
- Add the berries and a tbsp water.
- Mix until berries caramelize and colour the sauce
- Serve with the coffee cake.