- Serves 5
- 35 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 16 Ingredients
Quick, grab your jacket! We’re flying out the door with this speedy take on taters in their jackets, complete with silky sour cream and our killer mince flavour hack.
Ingredients (serves 5)
- 5 Potatoes suitable for roasting
- 1 Brown Onion
- 1 bunch Fresh Chives
- 500g Pork & Veal Mince
- 1 sachet Greek Spice Blend (a secret blend from Hello Fresh)
- 1 Beef Stock Cube
- 2 tbs Tomato Paste
- 1 tbs Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/4 cup Warm Water
- 1 Carrot
- 1 Cucumber
- 1 Tomato
- 1 Cos Lettuce
- 2 tsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 250ml Sour Cream
- 1 tsp Honey
Notes... This recipe is proudly brought to you by Hello Fresh. Hello Fresh develops fresh and delicious recipes, sources the best ingredients and delivers it all to your door ... all you have to do is cook it and ENJOY!
- GET PREPPED Preheat the oven to 200 degrees celcius (or 180 for fan forced oven). Cut the POTATOES in half (unpeeled to retain all the nutrients). Finely chop the BROWN ONION. Finely chop the CHIVES.
- COOK THE JACKET POTATOES Price the POTATO HALVES all over with a fork. Place cut side down on a plate and microwave on high for 10 - 12 minutes, until softened. Transfer to an oven tray lined with baking paper. Drizzle with olive oil and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Place on the top rach of the oven to cook for 10 - 15 minutes, or until golden brown and crisp. TIP: If you don't have a microwave, place the potato halves directly onto the wire racks in theoven and cook for 30 minutes, or until softened, golden and crispy.
- COOK THE MINCE While the potatoes are cooking, heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add the BROWN ONION and cook, stirring, for 3 - 4 minutes or until softened. Add the PORK & VEAL MINCE and cook for 5 - 6 minutes, breaking up with a wooden spoon, until cooked through. Add the GREEK SPICE BLEND (if you don't have this just combine a little garlic, oregano, thyme, salt, pepper and a zest of lemon) and stir through for 1 minute, or until fragrant.
- ADD SOME FLAVOUR In a small jug, crumble the BEEF STOCK CUBE and add the WORCESTERSHIRE SAUCE, WARM WATER and TOMATO PASTE. Stir to dissolve the stock cube and add to the mince mixture. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 5 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
- MAKE THE SALAD While the mince is simmering, grate the CARROT and roughly chop the CUCUMBER, TOMATO and COS LETTUCE and combine in a salad bowl. To make the salad dressing mix together 1 tbs OLIVE OIL, the BALSAMIC VINEGAR, HONEY and a pinch of SALT & PEPPER. Drizzle over the salad and toss to combine.
- SERVE UP Divide the JACKET POTATOES between plates and top with the MINCE mixture and a dollop of SOUR CREAM. Sprinkle with CHIVES and serve the salad on the side. ENJOY!
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.