- Serves 1
- 6 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 3 Ingredients
This recipe is one of four recipes for a Hen's Breakfast. Yes it's sweet and indulgent just like the beautiful bride but it can also be enjoyed any time you just need a sweet treat just because.
Indulge and please EnJoY!
Ingredients (serves 1)
- 3 mini jam ball donuts
- 3 fresh strawberries
- St. Dalfour Strawberry jam
- Heat the donuts as per instructions. Simply arrange the donuts and strawberries onto a plate and add a loving swipe of strawberry jam.
- The mini jam filled donuts I used were store bought but below is a family favourite recipe that you can try if indeed you wish to make your own. The recipe calls for St Dalfour Strawberry Jam and seriously this is my preferred jam as it is not made with sugar but feel free to use any or even your own homemade.
- 490g (3 1/4 cups) plain flour 55g (1/4 cup) caster sugar 3 teaspoons dried yeast Pinch of salt 250ml (1 cup) milk, warmed 100g butter, melted 3 egg yolks Canola oil, to deep-fry 284g St. Dalfour Strawberry jam Icing sugar, to dust
- Combine flour, sugar, yeast and salt in a bowl. Make a well. Mix in milk, butter and egg until dough starts to come together – it may be sticky.
- Knead on a well-floured surface until smooth. Place in a greased bowl. Cover. Prove for 1 1/2 hours or until dough has doubled in size.
- Punch down the dough. Knead on a lightly floured surface for 2 minutes or until smooth. Roll out dough until 1cm thick. Rest dough for 2 minutes.
- Roll out batter and use a 7cm round cutter to cut out discs. Don’t cut out centres. Place on a lined baking tray. Set aside for 30 minutes to prove.
- Deep-fry for 1 minute each side or until golden and puffed. Place on a plate lined with paper towel.
- Spoon a 284g jar of St. Dalfour Strawberry Jam into a piping bag fitted with a 5mm nozzle. Push the nozzle into the side of the doughnuts and pipe in the jam. Dust with icing sugar.