- Serves 1
- 6 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 5 Ingredients
This recipe is one of four recipes for a Hen’s Breakfast. Yes it’s sweet and indulgent just like the beautiful bride but it can also be enjoyed any time you just need a sweet treat just because.
Ingredients (serves 1)
- 1 Croissant
- 1 Snickers bar
- 1 Banana
- Caramel sauce or Dulce de leche
- Icing sugar: for serving
- Crisp up the croissant in the oven and place on serving plate. Chop up snickers bar into small pieces and place on top of croissant. Peel banana (discard skin) and slice onto plate next to croissant. Drizzle caramel sauce or dulce de leche over croissant and sprinkle with a light touch of icing sugar.
- DULCE DE LECHE: You can purchase this decadent treat pre made or you can make it your self it's your call. In my younger years dulce de leche was made by simply placing a can of sweetened condensed milk in a saucepan of boiling water and boiling away for a few hours. Extreme care needed to be taken and the water level in the saucepan ALWAYS needed to be over the can. I actually knew a work colleague who boiled up a can before work but forgot to turn it off before leaving for work ..her husband came home later to discover caramel dripping from the ceiling and over everything ...best outcome to this is she did not manage to burn the place down ...very lucky indeed. Sooo below is a much safer method if you wish to make your own.
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Pour condensed milk into a heatproof baking dish. Place dish in a roasting pan. Pour water into pan to come halfway up the side of dish.
- Cover with foil and bake, refilling the pan with water if necessary, for 1 hour 45 minutes or until dark golden. Whisk the mixture until smooth. Pour into a 500ml (2-cup) capacity sterilised jar and seal. Once opened, store in the fridge.
I used a dark chocolate peanut snickers bar for this breakfast recipe (hey dark choc is healthier right . te he. ) but hey let your imagination run wild and experiment and have fun. :-)