- Makes 72
- 40 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 4 Ingredients
Fun favourite snack for kids
Ingredients (makes 72 Scrolls)
- 6 Rolls of Filo Pasty
- 3 cups Loose shredded tasty cheese
- 6 teaspoons Vegemite spread, 1 teaspoon per layer of filo
- 1 Egg
- Thaw Filo, laying first piece of Filo onto a bread board leaving the rest in fridge so they do not go soft, spread teaspoon on Vegemite evenly over Filo making sure you go right to edges.
- Spread portion of cheese on top of vegemite.
- Roll sheet loosely and wrap in the plastic and place in fridge, repeat with other sheets.
- One roll at a time, cut into 12 pieces. Easiest way I cut into half, half again then into thirds.
- Place pieces cut side up onto baking paper lined baking tray making sure room enough so pastry can rise and widen, ( I cook these in batches or you can use 3 trays at at time) place in preheated oven at 220 Degrees Celsius oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until cooked and golden brown.
- Let rest on tray for 5 minutes then move onto cooling wire. Serve!
I used this recipe for an Aussie dish for Harmony Day at my sons school.