- Makes 12
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 11 Ingredients
An incredibly easy recipe for a very tasty patty, that can be served with a salad as a light meal, as a side dish for a larger meal or even for something different for breakfast/brunch on the weekend. Really nice the next day too, as a snack or even in a sandwich! Great in lunch-boxes or as finger-food at a party/bbq.
Ingredients (makes 12 Patties)
- 1 head Cauliflower (broken into small florets)
- 2 large Eggs (beaten well)
- 1/2 cup Tasty Cheese (grated)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese (grated)
- 1/2 cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- 1 clove Garlic (crushed)
- 1/2 small Onion OR 2 Spring Onions (finely chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon Parsley (finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon Moroccan seasoning
- Pinch Salt and Pepper
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Cut or break cauliflower into small florets and cook in boiling water until tender (about 10 minutes). Drain really well. Mash the cauliflower while it's still warm.
- In a large bowl combine cauliflower and remaining ingredients (except Olive Oil), and mix well. Form the cauliflower mixture into patties about 3 inches across.
- Coat the bottom of a frying pan with a little olive oil over a medium-high heat. Cook four patties until golden brown and set, about 3 minutes each side. Keep each batch warm in the oven while you cook the remainder.
You can substitute some of the cauliflower with zucchini if you like, and it's really nice if you add a little corn and bacon to the recipe as well. I've tried them with a little curry powder added, and that was really tasty.