An incredibly easy recipe for a very tasty patty, that can be served with a salad as a light meal, as a side dish for a larger meal or even for something different for breakfast/brunch on the weekend. Really nice the next day too, as a snack or even in a sandwich! Great in lunch-boxes or as finger-food at a party/bbq.
Ingredients (makes 12 Patties)
- 1 head Cauliflower (broken into small florets)
- 2 large Eggs (beaten well)
- 1/2 cup Tasty Cheese (grated)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese (grated)
- 1/2 cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- 1 clove Garlic (crushed)
- 1/2 small Onion OR 2 Spring Onions (finely chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon Parsley (finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon Moroccan seasoning
- Pinch Salt and Pepper
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Cut or break cauliflower into small florets and cook in boiling water until tender (about 10 minutes). Drain really well. Mash the cauliflower while it's still warm.
- In a large bowl combine cauliflower and remaining ingredients (except Olive Oil), and mix well. Form the cauliflower mixture into patties about 3 inches across.
- Coat the bottom of a frying pan with a little olive oil over a medium-high heat. Cook four patties until golden brown and set, about 3 minutes each side. Keep each batch warm in the oven while you cook the remainder.