- Makes 16
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 5 Ingredients
My kids love these cheesymite scrolls straight from the oven for lunch. They are also good for school lunches or snacks.
Ingredients (makes 16 scrolls)
- 2 cups Self Raising Flour
- 30g Butter
- 1 cup Milk
- 3/4 cup Grated Cheese
- 2 Tbsp Vegemite
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C. Lightly grease a baking tray.
- Sift flour into a mixing bowl. Rub in butter until it resembles crumbs. Mix in 1/4 cup of grated cheese. Make a well in the centre and add milk. Mix with a knife until it comes together. It will be a sticky dough.
- Turn out onto a floured board and knead a few times. Press out into a rectangle about 5mm thick. Spread vegemite all over the dough and then sprinkle remaining cheese all over. Roll up like a swiss roll along the long side and cut into pieces 1 1/2 cm thick.
- Place on baking tray and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown on top. Eat warm or cold.