- Serves 5
- 35 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 9 Ingredients
Easy Cheesy Bread is delicious fresh bread that I have made so many times to the delight of my friends and family!
Enjoy this Easy Cheesy Bread as is with some salted butter or use it as a base and have some fun!
Easy Cheesy Bread is my favourite variation – we all absolutely love the flavours and the gooeyness of the melted cream cheese and tasty cheese.
If you want to use this Easy Cheesy Bread as a pizza base, flatten the dough balls quite a bit before you bake them off. Bake halfway through then add your pizza toppings . Return to the oven to fully cook your pizzas.
Easy Cheesy Bread – the perfect base bread recipe for anything.
Ingredients (serves 5)
- 1 cup Sourdough Starter
- 1 cup Milk
- 4 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 tsp Lemon juice
- 1/4 cup White sugar
- 2 tbsp Yeast
- Oven 150f to rise Rise the dough in the oven
- Extra flour For completing the dough
- Preheat the oven to 90 degrees celsius.
- Put the starter in a mixing bowl then heat the milk in the microwave or on the stove to 85degrees celsius.
- Mix the oil and salt with the milk.
- Place the wet ingredients with the sourdough starter and add the lemon juice and yeast and stir together.
- Then add small amounts of flour to the wet mix, gently mixing all the time. Keep adding flour until the dough just comes away cleanly from the bowl.
- Take the dough ball out and place onto a flat bench that is lightly dusted with flour and knead for about 10 minutes until dough is properly formed and looks smooth. At this stage cut the dough ball into small pieces and form into small round dough balls.
- Arrange on a tray lined with baking paper and place them in the preheated oven to rise.
- Once the dough balls have risen to approx double in size, remove from the oven but leave the dough in a warm place.
- Preheat the oven to 180 - 200 degrees celcius and then cook the dough balls for 15 minutes roughly or until golden brown and sounding hollow when you tap them on the outside.
- Enjoy this delicious fresh bread warm with butter or butter and jam or honey. Or if you like the idea of Easy Cheesy Bread, make a mixture of cream cheese and grated tasty or pizza cheese and some dried herbs and sprinkle over the top and return to the oven until the cheesy is beautifully melted and golden.
Super soft and fluffy fresh homemade bread