- Serves 10
- 50 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 8 Ingredients
The perfect addition to any meal but perfect with soup! Add a little dob of butter for lunch boxes the next day or even top slices with more cheese and toast under the grill to give it a second outing. Crusty, crunchy, tasty and filling!
Cook along with the video! Here’s Nik from the MoM Team on Dinner Live with MoM:
Ingredients (serves 10)
- 4 cups Self Raising Flour
- 1 cup Butter
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 tsp Salt/Pepper
- 1.5 cups Grated Mozzarella
- 1/2 cup Spring Onions & Herbs, finely diced
- 1 cup Bacon, finely diced
- 3 tbsp Pesto (homemade or store bought)
- Preheat oven to 170C (fan forced). Add 10C if your oven is not fan forced.
- Place flour, butter, salt & pepper into a food processor and blitz until mixture resembles breadcrumbs. If you don't have a food processor, simply rub the butter through the flour mixture until well combined.
- Place mixture into a large mixing bowl, make a well in the middle and then add milk gradually, mixing with a flat knife until the mixture comes together in a neat dough ball. Try to be as gentle as possible bringing the mixture together.
- Cut the dough into 3 equal pieces, sprinkle with flour and set aside.
- Spray a non stick springform (or flan) tin with cooking spray.
- Roll the first dough ball into a circle just slightly smaller than your baking tin and place in the bottom of the tin.
- Spread 1 tbsp of the pesto onto the dough then sprinkle 1/3 of the bacon, 1/3 of the cheese and 1/3 of the herb mixture evenly over the dough.
- Repeat this process for the next 2 dough balls - just use a little less pesto on the top layer. Using a skewer or a sharp, thin knife, pierce several holes in the dough from top to bottom to let some of the ingredients ooze through during cooking.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the foil, rotate the tin in the oven and then cook for another 15 - 20 minutes. The centre of the pull apart will take slightly longer so check for this.
- Don't forget it will continue to cook for a few minutes once you remove from the oven.
- Drizzle with olive oil then serve warm.
Recipe Cheesy Pesto Pull Apart
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.