- Serves 10
- 50 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 8 Ingredients
The perfect addition to any meal but perfect with soup! Add a little dob of butter for lunch boxes the next day or even top slices with more cheese and toast under the grill to give it a second outing. Crusty, crunchy, tasty and filling!
Cook along with the video! Here’s Nik from the MoM Team on Dinner Live with MoM:
Ingredients (serves 10)
- 4 cups Self Raising Flour
- 1 cup Butter
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 tsp Salt/Pepper
- 1.5 cups Grated Mozzarella
- 1/2 cup Spring Onions & Herbs, finely diced
- 1 cup Bacon, finely diced
- 3 tbsp Pesto (homemade or store bought)
- Preheat oven to 170C (fan forced). Add 10C if your oven is not fan forced.
- Place flour, butter, salt & pepper into a food processor and blitz until mixture resembles breadcrumbs. If you don't have a food processor, simply rub the butter through the flour mixture until well combined.
- Place mixture into a large mixing bowl, make a well in the middle and then add milk gradually, mixing with a flat knife until the mixture comes together in a neat dough ball. Try to be as gentle as possible bringing the mixture together.
- Cut the dough into 3 equal pieces, sprinkle with flour and set aside.
- Spray a non stick springform (or flan) tin with cooking spray.
- Roll the first dough ball into a circle just slightly smaller than your baking tin and place in the bottom of the tin.
- Spread 1 tbsp of the pesto onto the dough then sprinkle 1/3 of the bacon, 1/3 of the cheese and 1/3 of the herb mixture evenly over the dough.
- Repeat this process for the next 2 dough balls - just use a little less pesto on the top layer. Using a skewer or a sharp, thin knife, pierce several holes in the dough from top to bottom to let some of the ingredients ooze through during cooking.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the foil, rotate the tin in the oven and then cook for another 15 - 20 minutes. The centre of the pull apart will take slightly longer so check for this.
- Don't forget it will continue to cook for a few minutes once you remove from the oven.
- Drizzle with olive oil then serve warm.