- Serves 4
- 20 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 6 Ingredients
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 300gm Pasta - macaroni or fresh penne pasta
- 40g Butter
- 2TBS Plain Flour
- 2cups Reduced cream milk
- ¾ cup Grated Cheese
- 425g Tuna in springwater, drained & flaked
- Preheat oven 200 - 220 fan-forced. Cook your pasta according to packet or 4 mins if using fresh penne in a large saucepan of salted boiling water. Drain reserving ¼ cup of water. Return pasta to saucepan.
- Melt butter, add flour & allow mixture to bubble for 1 min. Remove from heat. Gradually add the milk until combined. Return to heat. Stir constantly, 3-4 mins until the sauce thickens. Remove from heat. Stir in ¼ cup of cheese.
- Add to pasta with tuna & reserved pasta water. Toss to combine. Season with pepper. Spoon mixture into a casserole dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake for 10-15 mins until cheese is melted & golden.
Family Favourite - can add corn, capsicum, kidney beans, peas or onions. Serve with a crisp salad. Great for lunches!