- Serves 24
- 14 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 10 Ingredients
Wicked Dark and stormy choc and cherry ripe cookies. These are an indulgent cookie when only a sweet treat will suffice.
Ingredients (serves 24)
- 120 g butter, softened
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup plain flour
- ½ cup cacao powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup glace red cherries, cut into small pieces
- 4 x 47g Cherry Ripe Double Dip Chocolate Bars, cut into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 160℃ and line 2 trays with baking paper.
- Place the softened butter and brown sugar into the bowl of an electric mixer and beat for 8-10 minutes on a high speed until light and creamy.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract, and beat for a further 3 minutes to combine.
- Remove the mixer and set aside. Sift in the flour, cacao and bicarbonate of soda into the bowl.
- Add the Dark Cherry Ripe pieces, glace cherries and coconut to the bowl with the flour mixture and stir through.
- Using a dessert spoon, scoop out spoonfuls and place onto the prepared baking trays leaving a 4cm gap between each chocolate Cherry Ripe cookie, as they will spread. Repeat until all of your mixture has been used.
- Place the baking trays into the oven and bake for 12-14 minutes.
- Remove the baking trays from the oven and allow the cookies to cool on the trays for 10 minutes before carefully transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Note: Original milk Cherry Ripe's can be substituted for the Dark variety if you wish also you can omit the glace cherries and coconut if desired (the cookie mix will be a little runnier with the omission of the coconut though). Also you can substitute your own fav bar in place of the Cherry Ripe...experiment and bring out the she devil in you. lol Have Fun and Please Enjoy!