- Makes 8
- 60 minutes
- Difficulty Medium
- 6 Ingredients
A cross between a pizza and a pie. You can put whatever toppings you choose, I have just listed my favourites!
Ingredients (makes 8 slices)
- 1 1/2 cup Self raising flour
- 1/2 cup tepid water
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 tbs tomato paste
- pizza toppings (pepperoni, sausage, ham, mushroom, capsicum, onion etc)
- Make up pizza dough. If you have your own recipe, feel free to use it. My 'easy midweek' dough recipe is 1 1/2 cups of flour, slowly mix in around 1/2 cup tepid water (I often use slightly more).
- Roll pizza dough flat and lay into a pie dish. Pizza dough should appear like a pie dough, covering the base and the sides of the pie dish- approximately 1inch in depth.
- Cover the base with tomato paste and sprinkle a small amount of cheese on top. Layer toppings. I do 1 layer of ham, I layer of polish salami or pepperoni, 1 layer of capsicum and 1 layer of mushroom and onion.
- Tip in the contents of one can of diced tomatoes. Spread evenly across the top. Then coat the very top with grated cheese.
- Place in 180 degree oven for 40 minutes. You need to ensure that the base is cooked all the way through , or the middle will be soggy.
I always get a lot of compliments on this! Has taken a lot of perfecting though. Make sure the base is rolled quite thin and pushed in thin around the edges of the pan.