- Serves 6
- Makes 6
- 120 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 11 Ingredients
Okay budget I used Aldi chickens 5.49 each. Aldi cream corn in fact everything Aldi except the sesame oil I got that from Coles .. This is a really cheap meal .. You can make as thick or thin as you like .ajust the water . If too thick add a bit of water or chicken stock .. This freezes beautiful .. It’s a hearty soup.
Ingredients (serves 6 | makes 6 )
- 1 Chicken size 15
- 6 cups Water
- I tablespoon Dried parsley
- 3 cans Creamed corn
- 2 Chicken stock cubes
- 3 tablespoons Corn flour mixed with a little water.
- 3 Egg whites only. Raw
- 5 Shallots. If you wish. Cut finely. Green leave only
- 1 teaspoon Sesame oil
- 4 tablespoons Water extra
- Pinch Salt and pepper if required
- Boil chicken really well , and pull apart into very small pieces. Keep all the chicken stock . Skim of any fat .. When cool disregard the skin and bones ,combine chicken stock,cream corn,shallots,salt and pepper,and sesame oil and bring to the boil .
- Mix corn flour to smooth paste with 4 table spoons of water,then add to soup .stir until boils and thickens,add egg whites and stir add shallots and parsley .. Now add your chicken meat. .. Wow
- Enjoy .
I found this in a old cook book called budget meals. Which I love . I have now past it down to my daughter and two sons . It really is a beautiful soup . On cool days . It freezes beautiful.