Full flavoured pasta recipe that is also full of delicious vegetables and an amazing sauce.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Clove
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Fennel seeds
- 1 cup Sweet sherry
- 2 Tbsp Vegetable oil
- 500g Chicken breast, cut into 2.5cm chunks
- 1 tsp Ginger, grated
- 1 tsp Garlic, grated
- 3 Carrots, sliced thinly
- 2 Onions, sliced thinly
- 250g Mushrooms, shiitake or portabella, sliced thinly
- 150g Beansprouts
- 300g Fresh noodles, cooked
- Whisk together sugar, soy sauce, cinnamon, clove, pepper, fennel and sherry and set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil in wok or large pan over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add ginger and garlic, cook for a 1 minute.
- Add prepared sauce and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add carrots, onions and mushrooms one at a time cooking for 1 minute between each addition.
- Add bean sprouts and cook for another 2-3 minutes to allow sauce to thicken.
- Add the noodles, mix through and serve.