- Serves 6
- 1 hours
- Difficulty Medium
- 11 Ingredients
Risotto is the most fun to make and it tastes fantastic!
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 1 large chicken breast, diced
- 6 rashers middle bacon
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 200g chives, chopped
- 1 large brown onion
- 6 button mushrooms
- 125ml white wine
- 75g butter
- generous sprinkle grated parmesan cheese
- splash olive oil
- Heat olive oil in a deep pot and dice your middle bacon, mushrooms and onion.
- Fry onion, bacon and mushrooms over medium heat until onion is cooked.
- Add rice and stir to keep from sticking.
- Pour in white wine and stir again, add chives.
- Add chicken breast pieces and stir continuously to keep from sticking.
- Add stock 1/2 cup at a time and wait until soaked up before adding next cup. Stirring once every 5-10 minutes.
- Once all liquid is soaked into rice and dish has a pearly consistency, add butter and parmesan and stir quickly.
Middle bacon should be used for the oil that it provides to soak through the rice. Short cut bacon doesn't provide as much flavour. You can also use pre-cooked chicken, but I like to steam it in the risotto sauce.