- Serves 4
- 6.5 hours
- Difficulty Medium
- 14 Ingredients
This recipe is proudly brought to you by the Philips All-In-One Cooker.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 20g dried porcini mushrooms
- 1 cup (250mL) boiling water
- 2 chicken marylands
- 1 medium brown onion, chopped finely
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 1/2 cup pearl barley
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 1 medium parsnip, chopped finely
- 1 small kumara (orange sweet potato), chopped finely
- 2 sticks celery, trimmed, chopped finely
- 250g swiss brown mushrooms, quartered
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Place porcini mushrooms in a small heatproof bowl with the water; stand for 15 minutes or until softened. Drain, reserve porcini and the soaking liquid.
- Meanwhile, discard as much skin as possible from chicken. Place chicken, onion, garlic, stoic, barley, rosemary, thyme, parsnip, kumara, celery, swiss brown mushrooms, porcini mushrooms and reserved soaking liquid into the inner pot of cooker.
- Seal lid, cook on SLOW COOK LOW TEMP for 6 hours or cook on SOUP in pressure cooker for 20 minutes. Press START.
- Remove chicken from cooker. When cool enough to handle, remove meat from bone; shred coarsely. Discard bones. Return meat to cooker; season to taste. Serve topped with parsley.
Cooking time starts once pressure has been maintained. Set the valve to the SEAL position. Check the float valve is in the down position.