Less than an hour to prepare and make and very simple to do.
Fantastic variation on normal chicken and I have some other variations at bottom.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 mango
- 1/2 small camembert wheel
- 8-10 slices of proscuitto
- CHICKEN On underside of chicken breast cut into breast (try leaving 1/3 on plump side and 2/3 on under) not going all the way through and fan out like a butterfly. With the 2/3 side, do the same, again not cutting all the way through. This is going to engulf and wrap your fillings.
- FILLING Cut mango cheeks off and peel, then slice in half long ways. Cut camembert half longways also and slice (no this is not an easy task and it doesn't have to be perfect, it will be hidden and melted)
- THE WHOLE SHEBANG!! Fold your chicken up, tucking in the pointy end and proceed to wrap the prosciutto around diagonally making sure it overlaps itself to hold chicken in place and so contents inside, and secure with toothpicks for cooking.
- Place in pre-heated oven 180 degrees and cook for 30-45 minutes depending on size of breast meat. Remove toothpicks and serve with your favourite side dishes.