- Serves 4
- 35 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 18 Ingredients
Full of flavour, this is an easy recipe to make for one or more. Loaded with healthy ingredients, it can be made as a tortilla to share or individual serves. Left overs are delicious served cold.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 500 gms Ingham's Diced Chicken Breast
- 1/2 Chorizo Sausage (skin removed, diced)
- 1/2 Red Onion (diced)
- 1 1/2 cups Sweet Potato (diced)
- 1/2 med Red Capsicum (diced)
- 6 Large Eggs
- 2 tsp Taco Seasoning Mix (low salt)
- 1/4 cup Cheese ( grated)
- 2 Firm Tomatoes (seeds removed, finely diced)
- 1/2 Green Pepper (finely diced)
- 1 Lebanese Cucumber (seeds removed, finely diced)
- 1/2 cup Black Beans (canned, rinsed)
- 125g Sweet Corn Kernels
- 1/2 small Red Onion ( finely diced)
- 2 TBS Mayonnaise
- 1 TBS Sweet Chilli Sauce
- 1/2 Lime (juice only)
- 1 Avocado
- Heat a heavy based, non-stick, oven proof frypan, lightly oil. Add the chorizo and 1/2 a red onion, fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chicken, sweet potato and red capsicum, cook until the chicken and the sweet potato are just cooked .
- Beat the eggs and taco seasoning, pour over the sweet potato & chicken mixture.
- Continue cooking, over med heat until the tortilla is almost set, sprinkle with cheese and place under a hot grill until the cheese melts and the top is set & golden brown.
- To make the salsa, combine the black beans, diced tomato, green capsicum, remaining red onion, cucumber and sweet corn. Mix the mayonaise, sweet chilli sauce and lime juice, toss through the salsa.
- To serve, slice or mash the avocado (with a little lemon juice), place on top of the tortilla and spoon a little salsa on top.
Serve with corn chips or as part of a larger Tapas meal, when friends or family drop in.