These flat breads are bursting with big fresh flavours that will leave you feeling satisfied. Making them is simple, and no need to worry about messy hands when making the Chicken, Feta & Pumpkin Meatballs, because Ansell gloves keep you nice and clean!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 500g Chicken mince
- 100g Danish feta
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin, cut into small cubes, and steamed until just tender
- 1/4 small Onion diced
- 1 Egg white
- 1tsp Lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp Paprika
- 1/4 tsp Cumin
- Flat leaf parsley, chopped, plus extra for garnish
- Salt & pepper
- Red onion, sliced
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, peeled into strips
- 1 cup Plain flour
- 1 cup Greek yoghurt, plus 3/4 cup extra for sauce
- Garlic oil
- Place chicken, onion, feta, egg white, lemon juice, salt & pepper, paprika, cumin into a food processor, and blend until smooth.
- Place into a bowl, and gently stir through the pumpkin and parsley until combined. Pop on some Ansell gloves to keep hands nice and clean,and roll TBS size balls of mixture until all gone.
- Heat some oil in a large fry pan, and cook the meatballs until golden and cooked through. Cover to keep warm.
- To make the flat bread, combine the Greek yoghurt and the flour and mix to form a dough. Divide into 4 equal pieces and roll out to form 4 flat breads.
- Heat a griddle pan, and when hot, brush one side of the first flatbread with garlic oil, and place into the pan. Cook for a few minutes until grill marks appear then brush the top side with the oil, and flip to cook the other side. Repeat with all other flat breads, keeping the cooked ones covered and warm
- Mix the ¾ cup Greek yoghurt, some chopped parsley and some salt & pepper and spread on the base of the flat breads. Top with 4-5 meatballs, cucumber, red onion slices, parsley and crumbled feta, and enjoy!