- Makes 30
- 40 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 8 Ingredients
A delicious gourmet sandwich for a work lunch or a school lunch (just be sure to take our the walnuts). I love this recipe for large lunch get togethers such as Mothers Day and Melbourne Cup Day. I have given the recipe for large quantities; adjust as required.
Ingredients (makes 30 fingers)
- 3 cups cooked chicken, finely chopped
- 4 shallots, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup roasted walnuts, finely chopped
- 3 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 20 slices wholemeal bread
- 10 slices white bread
- Combine chicken, onion, nuts, celery, mayonnaise and sour cream in a bowl.
- Spread two tablespoons of the chicken mixture onto half on the wholemeal bread; top each with a white bread. Spread another two tablespoons of chicken mixture over the top of white bread then top with the remaining wholemeal bread.
- Remove crusts; cut each sandwich into fingers.
Alternate white bread and wholemeal bread; I prefer wholemeal bread on the top and bottom; however; it looks good with the white on the top and bottom too.