- Makes 10
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 10 Ingredients
This great hand held chicken dinner is easy to make and easy to eat.
Ingredients (makes 10 pockets)
- 1 Tbsp Dry yeast
- 1 cup Warm water
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 2 1/2 cups Flour
- 1/2 cup Salsa
- 1 cup Shredded chicken
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Mix yeast and water together until foamy and dissolved. Heat oven to 260°C.
- Add in dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Knead on a floured surface for 5 minutes until smooth.
- Roll dough into 10 balls and then flatten each into a 12cm circle.
- Spread 1-2 tsp of salsa in the middle of each piece of dough, top with chicken and cheese.
- Fold dough over and press to seal, using a fork can help keep the seal tight.
- Lay each pocket out on a greased baking tray and brush with beaten egg.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
Once you've got the recipe for the dough down it's great to start experimenting with other fillings as well. Plus they freeze really well.