This great hand held chicken dinner is easy to make and easy to eat.
Ingredients (makes 10 pockets)
- 1 Tbsp Dry yeast
- 1 cup Warm water
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 2 1/2 cups Flour
- 1/2 cup Salsa
- 1 cup Shredded chicken
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Mix yeast and water together until foamy and dissolved. Heat oven to 260°C.
- Add in dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Knead on a floured surface for 5 minutes until smooth.
- Roll dough into 10 balls and then flatten each into a 12cm circle.
- Spread 1-2 tsp of salsa in the middle of each piece of dough, top with chicken and cheese.
- Fold dough over and press to seal, using a fork can help keep the seal tight.
- Lay each pocket out on a greased baking tray and brush with beaten egg.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until golden brown.