- Makes 40
- 60 minutes
- Difficulty Medium
- 12 Ingredients
A healthier version of sausage rolls that the kids love.
Ingredients (makes 40 mini sausage rolls)
- 500g Ingham's Chicken Mince
- 500g Sausage Mince
- 2 Eggs, Beaten
- 1 Carrot, Grated
- 1 Zucchini, Grated
- 1 Leek, Finely Chopped
- 1 Stick of Celery, Finely Chopped
- pinch Salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup Breadcrumbs
- 1 Tablespoon All purpose seasoning
- 1 Extra egg, for brushing pastry
- 5 Flaky Pastry Sheets
- Wash and peel carrot and zucchini, chop roughly and put in food processor along with washed and chopped leek and celery. Blitz till very fine mix. Alternatively, Chop finely, or used a grater.
- In a mixing bowl, add all ingredients and mix well, adding breadcrumbs until texture is not too sloppy, or dry.
- Thaw and cut pastry sheets in half. Place a line of mix down centre lengthways and roll pastry around, with a bit of water to make it stick.
- Cover the outer side of the pastry with egg wash. Cut each roll into 4, then add a little more chicken mixture in the sides to fill roll out nicely, if needed.
- Bake in fan forced oven at 210 degrees for 25-30 mins until cooked through and golden brown.