- Makes 4
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 5 Ingredients
An excellent jam to be enjoyed with cheese and crackers or simply on toast. If jars are properly sterilised it will keep for 12 months.
Ingredients (makes 4 Small jars)
- 1kg White Sugar
- 600ml Apple Cider Vinegar
- 300g Red Capsicum
- 300g Red Chillies
- 50g Packet of jamsetta
- Prepare chillies and capsicum by removing all white flesh and seeds,USE GLOVES! Then rinse well in warm running water.
- Finely chop chillies and capsicum, or use a food processor, but be careful not to mince them.
- Combine all ingredients except the jamsetta, heat to a slow boil and continue to boil for 10min.
- Remove from the heat, add jamsetta and boil for another 2min.
- Test for thickness, and cook for another few min if need be, but don't let it over thicken or you will end up with chilli toffee!
- Once the desired consistency has been achieved set aside to cool, then pour into sterilised jars and seal.
Taking away all the pith and seeds takes away all the heat so children can enjoy it as well. If you would like to make a more adult version retain some of the seeds and add them when cooking the jam. I use long red chillies but use the chillies of your choice.