- Serves 4
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 9 Ingredients
A really lovely easy Chinese dish with crisp beans, mushrooms and lots of flavour.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- As needed Water
- 250 g Mushrooms - sliced
- 250 g Green Beans - sliced
- 2 cloves Garlic - Peeled and crushed
- Knuckle Ginger - Peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sweet Chilli Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sesame Seeds
- To taste Salt & Pepper
- Heat the water in a large frying pan and when hot, add the mushrooms and green beans and season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Sauté for 5 – 10 minutes, until the mushrooms and the beans are fork tender.
- Add the garlic, ginger and sesame seeds and toss.
- Add the soy sauce and chilli sauce and mix.
- Serve as a side or with steamed rice.
I have always found Chinese Food a bit equivalent to a Bath. You love the idea of it, you occasionally crave it and sometimes you really love the idea of it. You can daydream about it. But then when you have it, you say to yourself, “what was I thinking? What was the big deal, why were your dreaming about this for days?” This dish is so yummy though. No greasy Chinese takeaway here- an absolutely delicious dish that stands on its own with rice or as a side.