- Makes 6
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 8 Ingredients
Everyone love easy and tasty scones. Good for school lunch as well.
Ingredients (makes 6 scones)
- 100g plain flour, sifted
- 100g self-raising flour, sifted
- 1tsp baking powder
- 30g caster sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 50g butter, cut small cubes and chill in the fridge
- 100ml milk
- 80g choc chunks
- Preheat oven to 180c. Sift flours and baking powder. Combine flours, baking powder, sugar and salt in the bowl.
- Add the butter into the bowl. Rub and mix quickly with your fingers.
- Add chocolate into the bowl and mix with wooden spoon.
- Add milk in the centre, mix together until dough comes together. (if the dough is still dry and doesn't come together, add little more milk)
- Roll the dough out to 2cm thick and cut with sharp knife or mould. Place them on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until surface is slightly browned.
If you have time, wrap the dough and rest in fridge 30-60 minutes before rolling. You can use chocolate block (cut into small bite size) or choc chip instead of choc chunks.