- Makes 30
- 40 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 5 Ingredients
Quick and easy (and delicious) chocolate truffle recipe with inspiration from Brazilian brigadeiros.
Ingredients (makes 30 Truffles)
- 395g Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 40g Cocoa Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 1-2 Tablespoons Sugar (Optional)
- Little Bowls Of Coatings (eg Coconut, Sprinkles, etc.)
- Place all the ingredients (minus coatings) into a saucepan.
- On low heat, mix until well combined. Keep mixing constantly.
- After a few minutes, mixture will start to bubble. Keep mixing so that it doesn’t burn. Make sure to scrape from bottom and sides.
- When mixture is thick (starts keeping shape), remove from heat.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper. Scoop teaspoons of mixture on tray to create bite sized scoops.
- Place tray in freezer for 5 minutes to cool. Do not leave it in freezer for too long.
- Place toppings of choice in separate small bowls. I chose shredded coconut, choc sprinkles and 100s of 1000s.
- Grab a scoop of mixture at a time and roll it in your hands to create a ball. If the balls aren’t sticky enough, fold each ball into itself and roll again. The more they are folded, the stickier they get.
- Dip rolled balls into coatings until fully coated.
- Resist eating them all in one sitting.
For more bitter truffles, coat them in cocoa powder. For sweeter ones, coat them in icing sugar.