A great pudding that makes its own sauce as it cooks.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 30 grams butter, melted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon dutch cinnamon
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 2 cups hot water
- Sift flour, cocoa and cinnamon. Add the sugar and mix well.
- Stir in milk, vanilla and melted butter. Mix until smooth.
- Spread evenly into an ovenproof dish.
- For the sauce part combine brown sugar and cocoa. Sprinkle over the top of the pudding.
- Pour hot water carefully over the top.
- Bake at 160 degrees for 50-60 minutes.
You can do this without the cinnamon but I find that it breaks through the rich chocolate flavour. Serve with a drizzle of cream.