- Makes 1
- 1 hours
- Difficulty Easy
- 14 Ingredients
Rich, dark and totally delicious, you will impress anyone with this Chocolate Cherry Bundt Cake! So moist and dense, its a really decadent treat!
Ingredients (makes 1 Cake)
- 15 Morello cherries (plus extra to decorate)
- 1 Cup Plain flour, plus more for coating the cherries
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Buttermilk
- 2 TBS Cherry juice, reserved from the jar
- 1/2 tsp Bi carb soda
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 large Eggs
- 8 TBS Salted butter
- 2 heaped TBS Good quality cocoa powder
- CHOCOLATE GANACHE
- 1 cup Heavy cream
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 250g Dark chocolate chips
Notes... This Chocolate Cherry Bundt Cake will keep in the fridge for up to 5 days. It becomes more dense and mud cake like the longer it sits in the fridge!
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees and grease a non stick bundt pan with spray oil
- Toss the 15 cherries in a bit of flour to evenly coat and then set aside
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, sugar and set aside. In another bowl, mix the buttermilk, cherry syrup, baking soda, vanilla and egg with a fork and set aside.
- Bring 1 cup water to a boil in a small pan. Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat; add the cocoa and whisk to combine. Add the boiling water to the cocoa mixture and allow to bubble for a moment. Turn off the heat.
- Pour the cocoa mixture into the flour mixture. Stir together for a moment to cool the chocolate then pour in the egg mixture. Mix in the flour-coated cherries.
- Pour mix into a bundt pan and bake until an inserted cake tester comes out clean – approximately 20 to 25 minutes. Let the cake cool in the pan briefly before removing onto a cooling rack placed over a baking sheet.
- For the chocolate ganache: Heat the cream in a small saucepan until very hot, then add the vanilla. Pour the hot cream over the chocolate in a heatproof bowl; stir completely to melt the chocolate
- Pour the ganache over the cake (place wire rack over a sink or another tray to collect all the ganache as the excess runs off the cake), and decorate with some more cherries
Recipe Decadent Chocolate Cherry Bundt Cake
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.