- Makes 12
- 15 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 10 Ingredients
Great cup cakes for tea or birthday parties. I always use this recipe for taking cupcakes into school.
I also use this recipe for a big cake too and it takes around 30 mins to cook a big cake.
Ingredients (makes 12 12 large or 24 small)
- 175g Self Raising Flour
- 3 Eggs
- 175g Butter
- 175g Sugar
- 25g Coco Powder
- for the icing
- 225g Icing Sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Coco powder
- 100g Softened Butter
- 1 packet Freckles or sweet of your choice for topping
- Beat Butter and Sugar till light and creamy. You can use electric mixer.
- Slowly whisk in the egg using electric hand whisk.
- Then whisk in the flour and coco (on very low so it does not fly out of bowl)
- Divide amongst the cup cake wrappers and bake 15 -20 mins 180C until cooked.
- For the icing mix the coco, icing sugar and butter until blended together.
- when cakes are cool pipe a swirl of icing on top and decorate with a chocolate freckle or sweet of your choice ie smarties.
For the Freckles you can use any sweet or chocolate. Smarties are bright and colourful or jelly beans look good too. Alternatively you could sprinkle with some sprinkles! Or just leave plain!