ANZAC cookies for chocolate lovers. These are so scrumptious.
Ingredients (makes 16 )
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup dessicated coconut
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cup soft brown sugar
- 125g butter
- 2 tbs golden syrup
- 1/2 teas baking soda
- 2 tbs boiling water
- 200g dark chocolate, melted
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper
- Combine the rolled oats, coconut, flour and soft brown sugar in a large mixing bowl
- Melt the butter and golden syrup together. Dissolve the baking soda in the boiling water and add to the butter mixture. Pour into the dry ingredients and mix together
- Roll tablespoons of mixture into balls. Place on the tray and flatten with a fork.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until golden. Remove from the oven. Transfer the biscuits to a cooling rack. When cold dip half in melted chocolate. Place on a baking tray lined with baking paper until chocolate is set.
- To melt chocolate: Break chocolate into a mixing bowl. Sit the bowl over a saucepan of simmering water and allow to melt gently. Do not allow water to get into the chocolate as it will seize and become unusable. Alternatively place in a microwave proof bowl and heat on high for 10 second bursts until melted – being careful not to let the chocolate burn