- Makes 20
- Difficulty Easy
- 8 Ingredients
This chocolate nut fudge is super quick fudge that is just so easy and only takes 6 minutes in the microwave! This fudge makes a great base for anything – add chunks of turkish delight, fruit and nut, add a splash of your favourite liqueur or add some crushed Tim Tams!
Ingredients (makes 20 2cm x 2cm cubes of fudge)
- 400g tin Condensed Milk
- 400g Milk or Dark (or a mixture) good quality cooking chocolate
- 1/2 cup Soft Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tbsp Golden Syrup
- 1/3 cup Almonds (whole)
- 1/3 cup Walnuts (whole)
- 1/3 cup Macadamia Nuts (whole)
- Brush or rub a 20 - 22cm slice tray (at least 4cm deep) with butter and then line with baking paper.
- Place all the nuts in the bottom of the baking tray and spread out evenly.
- Add all ingredients (except the nuts) to a 2 or 3 litre microwave safe glass jug (or bowl depending on what you have).
- Microwave for 2 minutes on high then remove and stir well.
- Microwave for a further 2 minutes on high then remove and stir well.
- Microwave for a final 2 minutes on high then remove and stir well. Immediately pour all the fudge mixture over the nut mixture, spread right to the edges and tap on the bench to create an even surface (or close to even - it won't be perfectly smooth).
- Refrigerate until fully set (I leave mine overnight) then remove from the tray and cut into portions. If it's very hot weather, store in an airtight container in the fridge otherwise in an airtight container in your pantry.
I never really liked cooking sweets like this (didn't like sweet thermometers, stove top cooking etc) but realised that I could make this fudge in the microwave. It's so easy I let my older children make this with my supervision now. They're not into nuts so prefer to add sour worms or mini M&Ms.