Chocolate Truffles with Nutella are an absolute winner for every single sweet occasion … and they are actually much simpler than you think.
Keep a batch of chocolate truffles in the back of the fridge and then anytime you have a visitor pop in for a coffee or you need a really quick sweet treat you’ll have them ready to go.
Lots of people are afraid to make chocolate truffles at home; thinking for some reason they are fiddly, difficult or require lots of complicated steps. This is actually not the case at all – chocolate truffles truly are very simply to create. Then once you have the basic recipe down pat, you can get creative and start adding a few little additions of your own. We love to add a little crunch to these Chocolate Truffles with Nutella with come chopped hazelnuts. You could also add walnuts or roll these in chia seeds and cocoa powder.
We created these Chocolate Truffles with Nutella for the team at Ansell.
They set us the challenge of creating a bunch of recipes that requires the use of food grade gloves. We’d never used gloves before in food preparation but now that we have, we’re never going back. Not only do the gloves keep your food free of any contaminants from your hands, they also keep your hands beautifully clean. Keep a handy dispenser pack in your kitchen for all sorts of food prep – chopping onions and garlic, rolling meatballs, rolling truffles, handling raw meat or breaking up cooked chickens.
We hope you enjoy these Chocolate Truffles with Nutella … and challenge you to stop at just one! xx
Watch the MoM CookClub video here …
- 2/3 cup Heavy Cream
- 250g Quality Dark Chocolate, chopped finely
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tbsp Nutella
- 1 cup Cocoa Powder
- Heat the cream in a heavy based saucepan - ensure the cream doesn't come to the boil and does not stick to the base of the pan.
- Place the chopped dark chocolate into a glass or ceramic bowl and pour in the hot cream.
- Add the butter and vanilla essence.
- Mix until all ingredients are combined.
- Stir in the Nutella then cover and refrigerate.
- Allow the chocolate truffles mixture to cool completely by which time it will be set.
- Sift the cocoa into a shallow bowl ready to roll your truffles.
- Pop on your Ansell Multi-Sensitive disposable gloves and roll teaspoons of the chocolate truffles mixture into balls. Drop each ball into the sifted cocoa to coat completely.
- Serve immediately or return to fridge until required.
Just in case you fall in love with using Ansell Multi-Sensitive disposable gloves in your cooking (like we have), here are some other recipes in the Ansell series you might like to check out ...