- Makes 20
- 24 hours
- Difficulty Easy
- 4 Ingredients
An eye-catching dessert that is sure to impress your guests.
Ingredients (makes 20 squares)
- 2 small boxes red (strawberry) jelly
- 2 small boxes green (lime) jelly
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 sachets unflavored gelatin
- In a bowl dissolve the strawberry boxes of jelly into two cups of hot water. Pour into a flat container.
- In a separate bowl, dissolve the lime jelly into two cups of hot water. Pour into a flat container.
- Chill the two containers overnight.
- Cut the two jelly flavours into small blocks. Mix together carefully in a large shallow container.
- In a separate bowl, dissolve 2 sachets of unflavoured gelatin in 1/4 cup cold water (or according to packet directions).
- Add dissolved gelatin to 1 3/4 cup hot water and condensed milk. Cool.
- Pour cooled milk mixture over jelly pieces and allow to chill overnight.
You can tweak this recipe for any occasion by substituting different coloured jelly. Rainbow (red, blue, yellow, green) looks really effective for children's parties.