- 25 minutes
- Difficulty Medium
- 13 Ingredients
These delicious Christmas candy cane cupcakes will be a hit at any kids Christmas Party!
- 200 grams butter
- 1 3/4 cups caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 Tbsp vanilla bean paste
- 2 3/4 cups self raising flour
- 1 cup milk
- 250 grams butter
- 6 cups sifted icing sugar mixture
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp peppermint essence
- 16 mini candy canes
- 1/2 cup melted chocolate
- 1/4 cup 100s & 1000s sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees & line muffin tins with cupcake wrappers.
- Cream 200 grams of room temp butter with caster sugar, beat in the eggs one at a time. Gradually add flour & milk until combined & smooth batter. Spoon into cupcake cases & bake for approx 25 mins.
- Peppermint Buttercream: Cream 250 grams of butter till white & fluffy (approx. 8 - 10 mins!). Gradually add icing sugar mixture & milk alternating, keep whipping until light & fluffy. Add peppermint essence (a little goes a long way!)
- Pipe peppermint buttercream on top of cooled cupcakes. Drizzle melted chocolate on top of iced cupcakes and top with crushed candycanes & mini candycanes that have been dipped in chocolate & 100s & 1000s. Enjoy!