- Makes 2
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 4 Ingredients
Do you forget to buy table decoration for Christmas? This cookie recipe is very simple and easy to make and if you have star shape mould in your house, it would be perfect for the centrepiece of table on Christmas Day.
Ingredients (makes 2 trays of cookies)
- 120g unsalted butter, soft
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 260g plain flour, sift
- Cream the softened butter, add sugar and mix.
- Add egg gradually, mix well, and then add flour and combine.
- Wrap the dough with plastic wrap and rest in fridge at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 170c. Line a tray with baking paper. Roll out the dough, and cut with star shape mould. (Using 5-6 different size of star shape mould, need cut 2 of each size and some extra for top star. You can cut any shape if the dough left)
- Bake for around 15-20 minutes. (Keep eye on the cookies! Smaller size one is baked faster, so that you need remove them first) Cool on a rack completely.
- ~Assemble the tree~ If you want ice the cookies, you'd better to do before stacking. Start stacking the tree from largest star at the bottom and finish smallest star on top. You can use icing as glue between cookies. Sift icing sugar from top like snow.
You can use any cookie dough and icing recipes. This is one idea for Christmas decoration, but it won't last long if you have kids!