Your friends and family will love these cute Christmas muffins!
Ingredients (makes 12 )
- 2 1/2 cups self raising flour, sifted
- 100 grams butter, chopped
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup mixed glace fruit, chopped coarsely
- 250 grams prepared white icing
- 2 Tbsp apricot jam, warmed, strained
- sifted icing sugar, to decorate
- Preheat oven to 200 C. Line muffin tin with muffin cases.
- Sift flour into bowl; rub in butter. Gently stir in caster sugar, buttermilk and egg; then mixed glace fruit.
- Spoon mixture into muffin cases. Bake for about 20 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
- Roll prepared white icing out to desired thickness; cut out stars.
- Brush tops of muffins with warmed apricot jam; top with stars; then dust with icing sugar.