- Makes 12
- 40 minutes
- Difficulty Medium
- 9 Ingredients
Your friends and family will love these cute Christmas muffins!
Ingredients (makes 12 )
- 2 1/2 cups self raising flour, sifted
- 100 grams butter, chopped
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup mixed glace fruit, chopped coarsely
- 250 grams prepared white icing
- 2 Tbsp apricot jam, warmed, strained
- sifted icing sugar, to decorate
- Preheat oven to 200 C. Line muffin tin with muffin cases.
- Sift flour into bowl; rub in butter. Gently stir in caster sugar, buttermilk and egg; then mixed glace fruit.
- Spoon mixture into muffin cases. Bake for about 20 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
- Roll prepared white icing out to desired thickness; cut out stars.
- Brush tops of muffins with warmed apricot jam; top with stars; then dust with icing sugar.
Extra special and delicious Christmas muffins. Do not overwork the muffin mixture. Work quickly with the icing mixture as it will get sticky quickly. Add colour to icing mixture for coloured stars if you want a pop of colour.