- Makes 18
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 6 Ingredients
These Chunky Cheesy Potato Skins are perfect for a snack, an easy Sunday night dinner, to serve to the kids (or send in the lunchbox) or as a starter at a party.
Ingredients (makes 18 Potato Skins)
- 6 Large white washed potatoes
- 4 pieces of short cut bacon
- 1 Small onion (white, brown or red)
- 1/4 cup Garlic Aioli (homemade or store bought)
- 1 cup Grated cheese (mozarella, tasty or a combo of both)
- 2 - 3 stems Fresh dill
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celcius (fan forced).
- Place a sheet of baking paper onto a large flat baking tray.
- Place the potatoes in a large pot of salted water and boil until just tender (it needs to be firm but not crunchy). Sit potatoes on paper towel or a clean tea towel to drain well.
- Finely chop the onion and the bacon keeping separate.
- Gently fry the onion to soften but not brown it or burn it.
- Finely chop the dill and grate the cheese if you haven't purchased pre-grated cheese.
- Slice the cheeks off the potatoes on both sides so that you end up with 3 potato 'slices' per potato in total. Place the slices in a large bowl and gently toss 2 tablespoons of olive oil and a liberal sprinkle of sea salt through the potato slices. Arrange in one layer on the baking tray.
- Drizzle a fine stream of aioli over the potatoes and then top with the onion followed by the cheese followed by the bacon.
- Place in the oven and cook for 20 - 30 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked through and the cheese and bacon are beautifully golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and arrange on a serving platter then top with a sprinkling of fresh dill.
Have as much fun as you like with the toppings for these Chunky Cheesy Potato Skins! Try a mexican combo, a 4 cheese topping or add a pile of chilli sprinkles and lemon zest for a flavour hit!