- Serves 15
- 4 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 13 Ingredients
These delightful cinnamon sugar coated donuts are simply moreish and ideal on a cold winters day.
Do hope you enjoy these dainty treats.
Ingredients (serves 15)
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup castor sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1/2 cup whole milk (room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 11/2 cups all purpose flour
- FOR THE COATING
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup castor sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- Set and spray donut machine holes with cooking oil spray
- In a medium bowl, whisk together baking powder, salt nutmeg and flour. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together egg, milk and vanilla. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, or using a hand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the wet ingredients in two parts (mixture may look curdled but that's OK), alternating with the dry ingredients. Mix last addition of dry ingredients just until combined; do not overmix.
- Using a spoon or donut dispenser carefully drop a small amount into the holes of the donut machine and close the lid.
- While the donuts are cooking, melt the 1/2 cup of butter for the coating. In another bowl mix the cinnamon and sugar together until completely combined.
- When donuts are cooked dip each donut quickly in the melted butter, gently shake off excess butter, then put the donuts into the cinnamon-sugar and coat well.
- Repeat with the next batch. EnJoY while hot.
If you do not have a donut machine bake in the oven in mini donut pans or mini muffin pans. Bake at 180C for around 11 minutes they will spring back when lightly touched when cooked. Please note: Donut machines and ovens vary so please do keep an eye on them and take out when nicely golden.